Biggest Summer Music Event

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

Well Marbella is on the map now as a music venue…SEAL playing the Marbella Bull Ring last night and on 20 August a summer music event with Alexandra Burke, the winners of last years Britains Got Talent, Diversity, Jamie ‘Afro’ (4th place in X Factor last year), the Scarletz (supported Cheryl Cole on tour) and more to be announced…Now THAT is a concert

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RockinMarbella/112707678782109

katy
      Blocked

Bet they’ll be a sell-out for all those Z-list celebs :mrgreen:

Anonymous
      Participant

OUCH!

Anonymous
      Participant

I do not wish to be negative. I expect the kind of singers/bands to be performing in bars & restuarants. Hardly an endorsement.

Anonymous
      Participant

I think Benidorm’s Low Cost Festival did ever so slightly better with a sell out 24000+ crowd to see headliners Placebo

http://www.diarioinformacion.com/cultura/2010/07/26/benidorm-quiere-segundo-low-cost/1029904.html

It was like a mini-Benicassim.

Anonymous
      Participant

Actually, it looks like a great line up. 😀 LOVE Alexander Burke…I play her CD full volume!! Diversity are extremely talented but from memory, Scarletz …….are not great!

katy
      Blocked

In the GIL days marbella used to put on a good series of summer concerts. Lovely small open air theatre in the park. (has since been closed as “unsafe”). We saw a full opera, Russian red army, Tango from Argentina, all at low cost.

A few years ago a Marbella ex-pat organised a good programme through to September, ending with the London symphony orchestra and a version of last night of the proms. Began well with Rod Stewart, then Simply red the third one a well known group flew in from the UK only to find they weren’t being paid and refused to play. It all went downhill then and we all lost money for booked tickets. Last we heard of the organiser he was in Thailand :mrgreen:

Anonymous
      Participant

It’s good to see so many people being positive about Marbella. They are hardly Z List. Alexandra Burke is extremely popular and the Scarletz supported Cheryl Cole (or is she Z list too in your eyes)…maybe if Shakin Stevens was playing you would be over the moon!!!

katy
      Blocked

Yes I would put cole as a Z list although I am aware many wouldn’t. She must be big though if her supporting act is their claim to fame 🙄 She is part of the new talentless talent bunch in a list with Catona, Jordan. It’s not a question of age I can’t stand Boyle and as for those stupid shows I would put a brick through my TV if I was forced to watch.

Who is shaking stevens 😆

Good luck with it, honestly hope it’s a sucess for you 🙂

Anonymous
      Participant

Now Shakin’ Stevens…I do not accept any criticism of the Welsh pseudo Elvis, squirmy thingy thing he does artist/ rocker.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Spanish Real Estate Chatter’ is closed to new topics and replies.