Find property for sale in Sotogrande, San Roque, Spain
Use the portal options below to search for property for sale in Sotogrande, an upmarket golf and polo residential development in San Roque (Cádiz, Andalusia), on the Costa del Sol. Use the filters for search for houses, villas and apartments for sale in Sotogrande, or scroll down to read more about Sotogrande, the types of property available, the resort’s facilities, and the property market in Sotogrande.
Search the Market for Your House in Sotogrande
Sotogrande Property News
The latest articles about property for sale in Sotogrande and the local property market, from leading local experts.
About Property in Sotogrande
Founded in 1962 by a globetrotting entrepreneur called Joe McMicking, Sotogrande has long been one of the top residential developments in the world. Sotogrande’s success is the result of McMicking’s vision for a stylish, luxurious residential resort combined with careful development of its extraordinary location. Sotogrande has gone from strength to strength over the last 60 years based on its simple formula of a quality of life that is impossible to beat. As a result, there is more demand than ever for property for sale in Sotogrande.
Sotogrande is a golf, polo, and beach resort that has everything you could possibly want from a residential development, including 5 golf courses, a golf academy, polo grounds, a substantial marina, a riding centre, an international school, beach clubs, tennis clubs, a sailing club, luxury hotels, spas, gyms, restaurants, shops, and much more. It is fair to say that there are few residential communities in the world with comparable on-site facilities.
Sotogrande is set on a series of low, verdant hills with views over the Mediterranean. The residential areas, which include villas, townhouses, and apartments, are interwoven with the golf courses, and other green spaces such as ancient cork forests spread around the resort. As a result, most of the residential areas are peaceful and private, often with tranquil views over fairways and greens towards the surrounding countryside and the sea.
It takes a while to find your way around Sotogrande because it is big, as you would expect of a resort with 5 golf courses, and countless other facilities. Sotogrande’s size is actually a big advantage, as it gives the resort a critical mass that sustains the facilities and services that make life here so pleasurable throughout the year. Sotogrande must be one of the few places in the world where you can enjoy such a wide variety of luxury services and facilities in such a beautiful natural environment.
Sotogrande’s maturity is another advantage. The infrastructure and landscaping are well settled, and perfectly maintained, so walking the dogs anywhere around Sotogrande is a pleasure. Wide avenues bordered with semi-tropical trees and landscaped gardens run through the established residential areas. Here you will see some of the best-kept gardens of any residential development in Spain.
The marina also sets Sotogrande apart from other luxury residential developments in the world, few of which can boast such an amazing facilities for boat lovers (there are berths ranging from 8m to over 15m). With shops, bars, a luxury hotel, a tennis club and a beach club, the marina it is already a hub of social life on the resort. The ‘Ribera del Marlin’ development in the marina has boosted the selection of restaurants and smart shops, and made the marina even more enticing.
A remarkable feature of Sotogrande is its stable community, and a low turnover of owners, many of whom live there permanently, or come back year after year for holidays with their families. This is a direct result of Sotogrande’s great quality of life.
- Sotogrande has been going for almost 60 years, yet still has an outstanding international reputation. Tried and tested, Sotogrande has demonstrated its enduring appeal.
- Sotogrande has been a good investment throughout its history, or it would not enjoy the reputation it has today. This is a good indication that Sotogrande is a reliable investment.
- Sotogrande is a pedigree resort that attracts buyers from a Spanish and international elite. All the trends point towards this demand continuing to grow over the long term.
- The properties offered by Sotogrande SA – the resort’s developers – are designed, built, and finished to high standards befitting Sotogrande’s reputation. On offer are stylish, high-spec properties to match the best on any new development anywhere in the world.
- Sotogrande has 5 golf courses, one of which is Valderama, of 1997 Ryder cup fame, and rated the best course in Continental Europe, (“the Augusta of Europe”). Other courses include the Real Club de Golf, designed by Robert Trent Jones in 1962, the 27-hole Almenara, designed by Dave Thomas, and La Reserva, designed by Cabell Robinson.
- The international school at Sotogrande educates children from 3 to 18yrs, teaches the International Baccalaureate, and sends its alumni to some of the best schools and universities in the world.
Sotogrande is 30kms from Gibraltar, on the western end of the Costa del Sol, in Andalucia’s Cadiz province.
The immediate surroundings are largely rural, and Sotogrande is set in some of Spain’s most attractive countryside. You find yourself deep in the countryside, surrounded by orange groves, the moment you leave Sotogrande on the Ronda Road. The views of the mountains, valleys, and historic pueblos blancos such as Gaucin are wonderful.
The small town of Guadiaro is right next door to Sotogrande. This means that supermarkets and other day-to-day shopping needs are only a few minutes drive. For more serious shopping you have everything you need in Marbella (40 minutes) and Gibraltar.
From the beaches of Sotogrande there are dramatic views of the Rock of Gibraltar, and the mountains of Morocco, across The Straits.
There are countless excursions within easy reach, for instance the bazaars of Morocco, the stunning beaches of Tarifa, the pueblos blancos of the interior, the glitz of Marbella, and cultural city destinations such as Cadiz, Jerez, and Seville.
Being just 30 minutes drive from Gibraltar, many Sotogrande residents commute on a daily basis. It also helps to have healthcare in English and a full range of offshore financial services so close by.