I found a property and agreed the price with the seller. We are negotiating the completion date. The seller in hospital. He wants to first go home for a few weeks and remove his own stuff before completion. I can understand this. But it is not sure when he would be released from the hospital and he is very ill. I am worried there is a possibility he may die before the completion date.
Could someone suggest what options I have in this situation? Should I wait 2-2.5 months, worried and never know if the deal can be completed? Or is it better to complete asap and rent the property to the owner for couple of months? Or any other options?
I could get my reservation back in case the owner dies. But considering the time, efforts and money I already spent, I would rather have the property than having the deposit back.