WELSH and living in Spain?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #55394
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Hi

      I’m hoping to make a TV current affairs programme for the BBC about the problems Welsh ex pats are having with Spanish property.

      I’m focusing the programme on Welsh people who have been served demolition orders, after their homes have been declared illegal or have fallen victim to land grab. I’m also interested in people who have been mis-sold properties or are thinking of buying in Spain for the first time.

      If anyone would like to get in touch they can email me on philip.williams@bbc.co.uk

      Many thanks

    • #96163
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Does being Welsh make them more of a victim than being English or Scottish or any other nationality?

      Or is the programme being broadcast in the Welsh language?

      Or perhaps i’m missing the point entirely. If thats the case, sorry!

    • #96164
      Anonymous
      Participant

      The follow up programme is about the experience of English second home owners who purchased a holiday home in Wales in the 1980s.

    • #96178
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @Russ W wrote:

      The follow up programme is about the experience of English second home owners who purchased a holiday home in Wales in the 1980s.

      I remember the coal board were running a TV advert at the time about “come home to a real fire”, and some wag had written somewhere “Buy a house in Wales, and come home to a real fire!” 😀

    • #96190
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @agoreira wrote:

      I remember the coal board were running a TV advert at the time about “come home to a real fire”, and some wag had written somewhere “Buy a house in Wales, and come home to a real fire!” 😀

      That wag was actually the ‘Not the nine o’clock news’ team on the BBC.

    • #96195
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @spanishsteve wrote:

      Does being Welsh make them more of a victim than being English or Scottish or any other nationality?

      Or is the programme being broadcast in the Welsh language?

      Or perhaps i’m missing the point entirely. If thats the case, sorry!

      Hi Steve
      It doesn’t make them any less victims at all but our programme is broadcast in Wales a has a brief to investigate issues affecting Welsh people.
      Hope you understand

    • #96292
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Hi, I am welsh – have a look at my thread above where I was looking for help from a lawyer!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.