- November 14, 2007 at 8:06 am #53462
We have decided that enough is enough and it is time to get our money back after waiting almost four years for our property, our problem is this we parted company with our Lawyer just before the site was closed down(almanzora Country Club) all the Lawyers we approached said they could not act for us till the place was fully licenced so we have no one representing us. The developer has been informed by us that we want to cancel and get our money back, they know we have no lawyer from there records and have told us to send a letter of cancellation and they will send us the cancellation document we should sign and return together with our original contract and B G. What should we do, is it normal to ask for original documents and not copies.
Please note we did not go into this with are eyes closed we just started off like many others with a recommended lawyer.
P.S our B G expires in January
- November 14, 2007 at 9:37 am #76160
You are definitely not alone with this one. Have you checked the following sites to speak to others who are in the same situation?
If you haven’t ventured there before take a deep breath, there’s a lot of ‘differences of opinion’, which is hardly surprising since the Almanzora Country Club site has been sealed for over two years now.
Huma Mediterraneo will not give back your money without a fight.
- November 14, 2007 at 10:14 am #76161
Thanks for the reply, yes I have checked those sites out and we are certainly not the only ones wanting our money back. What we really need to know is, should we send them the original contract and B G and can we do this on our own or do we have to try and get a lawyer presuming we can get an independent who will act for us.
- November 14, 2007 at 10:16 am #76162
Wouldn’t send any originals if I were you. Best to get a recommended Litigator on the case quickly, before BG expires – who could ask for an extension if necessary. All the best.
- November 14, 2007 at 11:36 am #76166
Im with Suzanne on this one. Do not send them originals. What you can do is copy the originals and have those coppies certified as true – costs a few euros by the town hall or police station. Then send the copies so you have proof!
Surely another lawyer would act on your behalf to get the money back??
- November 14, 2007 at 11:55 am #76168
NO!!! do not give them any originals…. they only want to get their hands
on them to probably use them against you. I agree with Suzanne and Inez
get copirs and record the post if that is what you decide to do but I personally would do nothing without the advise of a good , honest solicitor.
- November 14, 2007 at 12:11 pm #76169
Absolutely! The contract you have is yours, as is the Bank Guarantee – they know you have these & certainly don’t need copies ‘for their records’.
Personally, I wouldn’t even send them copies – just start tough -as you mean to go on, together with a hard Litigator.
If they’ve lost their correspondence ( ❓ ) – Tough ❗
- November 14, 2007 at 2:35 pm #76177
Surely it is best to send certified copies by recorded post, then at least this cannot be used as another stalling tactic saying they have lost records. I do think though that these copies should be sent via your chosen solicitor
- November 14, 2007 at 4:52 pm #76178
Huma Mediterraneo SL are about to start marketing another development – Oasis Thabernax Country Club at Tabernas.
Perhaps this will concentrate their minds to sort out their other Country Clubs at Mazarron and Almanzora before the bad publicity from these sites ruins their new campaign.
- November 14, 2007 at 5:53 pm #76179
If I had money tied up with HUMA I would go aand picket their new site 👿
- November 14, 2007 at 7:31 pm #76183
I agree Katy – and Parador Properties UK open days.
- November 15, 2007 at 8:06 am #76193
Thanks for the replies everyone will take all your advice and act accordingly.
- November 15, 2007 at 8:55 am #76194
I don’t think that Huma will issue a refund without having the original docs. in hand, or at least the assurance from a registered solicitor that they have them to hand. Why don’t you do as D & A from the almanzorarentals forum have done – get a cheap flight over, sign the cancellation doc. and get your refund on the spot (the trip will be a lot cheaper than the 1500€ + that a lot of solicitors are quoting).
- November 15, 2007 at 9:11 am #76195
AAA, think you have taken up mind reading, I have just been having a look for flights.
- November 16, 2007 at 12:18 am #76204
Good luck Maureen hope you get it back without any hassle.
- December 10, 2007 at 12:45 pm #76555
Did you manage to get your money back?
- May 2, 2008 at 9:50 am #82015
Huma Medditterraneo have now changed their name to Huma Indalo sl and walked away from all the people who bought property off plan from them on Almanzora Country Club without paying back to their clients their money.
I suppose that they are using that money to fund this project.
Would you buy from a company that treats their customers this way.
There is no guarantee that Oasis will not end up like Almanzora.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.