Barcelona & Madrid rated the most fun cities in Europe. Only five European cities were in the top draw, and Spain got two of them (40%).
Readers rated their cities for six key characteristics…
• Dynamism – how vibrant and exciting life there feels.
• Inspiration – and whether the city feels like a pleasant or difficult place to live.
• Food & drink – if the city is somewhere you can eat well (and not too expensively!).
• Community – whether local neighbourhoods were rated highly.
• Sociability – and whether the city felt welcoming or isolating.
• Affordability – whether people could generally get by OK.
Scores for each category were ultimately combined to give each city an overall City Index score.