September 1, 2009 at 11:23 am #55184
September 1, 2009 at 11:27 am #94034
Spain is worse than Lithuania 😮
Unemployment is even higher in Andalucía…about 25% although July and August may show a fall. We shall see a truer figure in October when seasonal work is terminated. One article has said foreign tourism is down 30%!
September 2, 2009 at 3:42 pm #94054
Further bad news for August. Unusual at the supposed busy season. No transalation but the figures speak for themselves. Another 3000+ unemployed.
September 2, 2009 at 8:42 pm #94056
Spain had one of the highest unemployment levels in Europe. I read that even back in 2005/06 when the country had the most dynamic growth in the Euro zone, unemployment was relatively high. Around 10%.
Though of course its a higher number now, we are in a recession….. 😀
September 3, 2009 at 8:44 pm #94064
I wonder how much of the recent rise in unemployment figures is due to the government now paying out 420€ a month to those who previously had no incentive to register as unemployed as they had not worked for enough days to be entitled to the paro… 😕
September 6, 2009 at 8:15 am #94074
Another one to add to Spain’s unemployment figures – the man in the centre of the Malaya case, Juan Antonio Roca.
Marbella Town Hall has finally found a way to legally sack him from his job as the Municipal Real Estate Assessor.
Unbelievably he has still been collecting over 9,000 € a month salary since 2006 while he’s been in prison on corruption charges.
The basis for his sacking: “repeated and unjustified absence from his post”.
Needless to say he is appealing. 😆
September 6, 2009 at 7:54 pm #94078
Hi Charlie….it will probably count as unfair dismissal…..unless they can proof he has deliberately avoided work!!
September 7, 2009 at 7:20 am #94082InezParticipant
Why is it I cant find a job like that!!!!! 😯
October 1, 2009 at 1:08 pm #94375
Up to 18.9% today.
October 1, 2009 at 2:46 pm #94376
as your a tv celeb now INEZ can i have a pic and autograph to go over my bed.
dont tell my misses though.
October 1, 2009 at 5:36 pm #94380
Yes!!!,…we are in a horrible crisis, but you looks a bit excited about it.
I will add a few words:
• It’s not the same the “unemployed rate”, than the “destruction of job rate”.
• Check what really means, and you will understand why in the Spain before the crisis was so big (near 10%)…in a country that for years created HALF of all the employs created in West Europe… Isn’t it curious?
• Did you know that if you want to receive government money to make a university master you should need to be unemployed. (I mean the papers).
• Last year (2008), Spain received more than 600.000 foreign workers.
• This year (2009) haven’t been decreasing the workers immigrations, what really in the actual crisis have been a shock data to the media.
• Where are these workers?.
• Why the people is unemployed don’t want some type of works?, in their situation why they do that?.
• In Cadiz (who enjoy the biggest unemployed rate of all Spain) very few people have demand the government unemployed program. To the astonishment to the government.
• How much big is the black economy?.
• Did you know that every country size it in a different way?,…if USA, for example, size the unemployed rate in the same way Spain do, will be near double…and with out the save-net of a black economy employ market, neither a so much government help.
Thinks are bad, but don’t get too excited… I just hope I have not break down your excitation.
Today the share market have drop…smile!!!
October 1, 2009 at 8:29 pm #94383InezParticipant
Oh Alanrthornton, how many would you like? 😉
I cant believe they are still showing it!
October 1, 2009 at 9:06 pm #94388
INEZ keep your voice down the misses will hear. lol
October 3, 2009 at 3:05 pm #94414
Today newspapers (Pais, ABC,El Mundo, Expansion/ I like to read Saturday newspapers).
The number of employs have decrease again in September , and is the same number than in May of 2005. Total number 18 millions of employs. (Data: Ministerio de Hacienda).
Increase of foreigner population: Period (98 to 06) from 1,6% to 9,9% of the total population.
Increase of jobs (legal market): Period (01 to 08 ) 3.716.000 total jobs.
Now you can read the number as you wish. Thinks are bad, but don’t get too excited…we are in crisis but the color is grey not black,…by the moment.
October 3, 2009 at 4:45 pm #94415
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.