- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 4 months ago by
Inez.
-
AuthorPosts
-
-
June 13, 2008 at 7:20 pm #54076
Anonymous
ParticipantI own the option to purchase a flat on a new development which is essentially finished but the issue of the first habitation licence has been delayed until September (for now). We are not in the strongest position to complete and furnish so would consider selling the PPC. My questions are: (a) does this ever happen because I cannot find reference to it anywhere? (b) where would i find a buyer – presumably someone might be interested because it is a chance to pick up a virtually finished good spec flat in (what will eventually be) a decent complex with indoor pool, gym, shops, creche, tennis etc at an off-plan price?
(c) if this is even possible, how long does the legal transfer take?
Many thanks for any advice or comments. -
June 14, 2008 at 8:06 am #84065
Anonymous
Participanttgj,
Without an LFO you would be highly unlikely to” flip”,ie. sell on your ppc. There are 2,000,000 unsold properties in Spain! That doesn’t help either! The Spanish property market is at an all time low. -
June 14, 2008 at 8:06 am #84251
Anonymous
Participanttgj,
Without an LFO you would be highly unlikely to” flip”,ie. sell on your ppc. There are 2,000,000 unsold properties in Spain! That doesn’t help either! The Spanish property market is at an all time low. -
June 16, 2008 at 10:13 am #84093
Inez
ParticipantIt depends on why the LFO has been delayed. If its a minor type 1 issue, then banks will lend (forget the developers, I mean other banks) and then you have a chance of selling
However – check your purcahse contract that the developer allows you to and be prepared to pay transfer tax ot 7% – buyer also pays purchase tax of same amount
Main trouble is no one wants to buy off plan due to all the problems associated and its a nightmare on the paperwork agents have to have in order to legally sell it too! So many wont touch it.
You may have to sell way under what you bought it for as well so you need to take all of this into account
Good luck
-
June 16, 2008 at 10:13 am #84293
Inez
ParticipantIt depends on why the LFO has been delayed. If its a minor type 1 issue, then banks will lend (forget the developers, I mean other banks) and then you have a chance of selling
However – check your purcahse contract that the developer allows you to and be prepared to pay transfer tax ot 7% – buyer also pays purchase tax of same amount
Main trouble is no one wants to buy off plan due to all the problems associated and its a nightmare on the paperwork agents have to have in order to legally sell it too! So many wont touch it.
You may have to sell way under what you bought it for as well so you need to take all of this into account
Good luck
-
-
AuthorPosts
- The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.