S1 Form – NHS coverage post brexit


Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #238715

      We are UK citizens hoping to retire to Majorca later this year. One of us is 66 and in receipt of a UK government pension. We have received the forms for a non-lucrative visa, in Spanish, from our ‘local’ Spanish Consulate.  As part of the criteria for visa success they are asking for private health care coverage.  We had a phone call with the NHS here in the UK last week and they have said we would still be fully covered by the NHS in Spain, we would have to complete  the S1 form. Our Spanish lawyer is not sure this is the case. We are wondering whether we have to use a professional of some description to cut through the visa red tape however, more importantly does anyone know for sure whether the S1 form (NHS Coverage) is sufficient for this type of visa/residency given we are now post Brexit?

    • #238735
      Mark Stücklin

      I don’t know the answer to this. It’s not encouraging if your lawyer doesn’t either. Suggests it might be one of those questions where it “depends who you talk to”. I’ll try to do some digging, and ask about it in my next news bulletin.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.