Running a Cafe in Barcelona

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #57007

    Anonymous
    Participant

    Hi,

    I am interested in opening up a cafe in Barcelona but not very familiar with the costings there yet.
    Can someone please tell me where can I get a round estimate of renting a shop to open a cafe around the La Rambla area in Barcelona.

    Any idea on what the monthly/annual rents and rates are?

    Thanks

  • #111632

    Anonymous
    Participant

    Just do a search on Google using the term …. locales en alquiler en las ramblas barcelona

    Be prepared … your rent will be ‘000’s a month and you have to pay a very hefty deposit.

    Mike

  • #111729

    Anonymous
    Participant

    Why do you want to get into an over crowrded business ??? working all hour of the day for say €3 per cup. How many coffees you need to sell to breakeven ?????

    I have a romantic illusion to open an art gallary/jazz bar Bar. The numbers just dont stack up. Hence no go for me.

  • #112973

    Anonymous
    Participant

    @soultrain wrote:

    Hi,

    I am interested in opening up a cafe in Barcelona but not very familiar with the costings there yet.
    Can someone please tell me where can I get a round estimate of renting a shop to open a cafe around the La Rambla area in Barcelona.

    Any idea on what the monthly/annual rents and rates are?

    Thanks

    How is your Catalan?

    As for cost, in a good place it will be a lot of money, and as pointed out the hours long, and a new owner dealing with old staff is not always a smooth takeover.

    Are you used to serving a mainly Spanish clientele?

  • #113036

    DBMarcos99
    Participant

    @fern999 wrote:

    @soultrain wrote:

    Hi,

    I am interested in opening up a cafe in Barcelona but not very familiar with the costings there yet.
    Can someone please tell me where can I get a round estimate of renting a shop to open a cafe around the La Rambla area in Barcelona.

    Any idea on what the monthly/annual rents and rates are?

    Thanks

    How is your Catalan?

    As for cost, in a good place it will be a lot of money, and as pointed out the hours long, and a new owner dealing with old staff is not always a smooth takeover.

    Are you used to serving a mainly Spanish clientele?

    But it won’t be a mainly Spanish clientele, will it? As we’re repeatedly told, Catalunya is not Spain! 🙄

    I think the thread-starter is hoping he’ll be selling to mainly tourists…

  • #113045

    Anonymous
    Participant

    @dbmarcos99 wrote:

    @fern999 wrote:

    @soultrain wrote:

    Hi,

    I am interested in opening up a cafe in Barcelona but not very familiar with the costings there yet.
    Can someone please tell me where can I get a round estimate of renting a shop to open a cafe around the La Rambla area in Barcelona.

    Any idea on what the monthly/annual rents and rates are?

    Thanks

    How is your Catalan?

    As for cost, in a good place it will be a lot of money, and as pointed out the hours long, and a new owner dealing with old staff is not always a smooth takeover.

    Are you used to serving a mainly Spanish clientele?

    But it won’t be a mainly Spanish clientele, will it? As we’re repeatedly told, Catalunya is not Spain! 🙄

    I think the thread-starter is hoping he’ll be selling to mainly tourists…

    I was refering more to the business side of things, ie setting up dealing with reps and getting the business papers in order, complying with rules and regs etc.
    Catalan is inmortant in that aspect.

    When I spoke about having experience serving Spanish clientele, I meant measures,and the way drinks are served ie, if 4 people order different long drinks, then the 4 bottles of spirits and the mixers are to be put on a tray and served infront of the customer, not made beind the bar and brought over as many Brit bars do.

    I ave lots of experience in dealing with this sector and I have seen so many who intend to sell to tourists and fall flat on their face, a good supply of locals is important to any bar/cafeteria type business.

The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.