Residencia card

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melosine 12 years, 10 months ago.

  • Author
  • #52207


    Am I right in thinking that one doesn’t need to apply for residencia if one is a EEC member? I am trying to get our bank to switch our non resident into a resident bank account but the manager insist on the residencia card.

    My partner is registered as a farmer and pays seguridad social every month. Can he go and register with a GP? Am I insured for health as his spouse, too?

    Any advice much appreciated.


  • #65529


    From what you write your partner is automatically registered and as such believe this should cover his immediate family.
    EEC Pensioners are strongly advised to take residencia because they will qualify for free health care.
    However this IS Spain and rules and regulations don’t necessarilly filter through and even if they do they who “will be obeyed” want it done their way.
    If it solves the problem then apply for residencia .

The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.