Rental Licence

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #190752
      George Newton

      Dear Mark.

      I am at present looking into purchasing a modest 1 to 2 bedroom apartment in either Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, or Lanzarotte. My main objective is to rent it out on a long term basis. Not as a tourist rental, but for a duration of 12 months or more to good tenants.

      Would i require a licence from the authorities for this type of rental. I am new to buying property in Spain.

      Thank you for your time.

      George Newton.


    • #190758
      Mark Stücklin

      Hi George, you don’t need a special licence for long-term rentals, just compliance with the national law like having a valid habitation certificate (cedula de habitabilidad), legal contracts, and tax declaration.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.