Spanish Property Insight › Forums › Spanish Property Forums › Property Questions & Answers › Registering Holiday rental property, in Andalucia
- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by whoflungdung.
March 24, 2018 at 11:55 am #224118AnonymousInactive
When the registration requirements for letting holiday property were introduced, for Andalucía, I read that it would not apply to rentals, even if under 2 months, if one did not let in the manner of a rental agency.
So if one let only by word of mouth and did not advertise they were not required to register.
I have searched the internet but cannot now find anything relating to that.
I should be grateful to have an answer, backed up by a pointer to the legislation
April 17, 2018 at 5:15 pm #225040Yolanda P. – Ypama AbogadosParticipant
It is not like that. Renting using specific webpages is just an indication that your activity is regulated by the Holiday Rental Act.
This is what the act says:
Artículo 3. Definición.
1. Se entiende por viviendas con fines turísticos aquellas ubicadas en inmuebles situados en suelo de uso residencial, donde se vaya a ofrecer mediante precio el servicio de alojamiento en el ámbito de la Comunidad Autónoma de Andalucía, de forma habitual y con fines turísticos.
2. Se presumirá que existe habitualidad y finalidad turística cuando la vivienda sea comercializada o promocionada en canales de oferta turística.
3. Se considerarán canales de oferta turística, las agencias de viaje, las empresas que medien u organicen servicios turísticos y los canales en los que se incluya la posibilidad de reserva del alojamiento.
Translated into English: 1. Homes for tourism purposes are those located on land for residential use, where the accommodation service is offered for a price, on a regular basis and for tourism purposes. 2. It will be presumed that there is a rental on a regular basis and for tourist purpose when the home is commercialized or promoted in tourist offer channels.
May 27, 2018 at 11:18 am #226063whoflungdungParticipant
Can I ask another question, and it concerns disability access for a vacation rental. Most apartments in our village are accessed by external steps, then internal stairs. Would this automatically exclude them from being officially registered?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.