Polaris World

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #53933
      rt21
      Participant

      Quite an interesting article in today’s Guardian about Polaris World.

      See link below

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/may/10/buyingpropertyabroad.property

      Richard

    • #82334
      Anonymous
      Participant

      To be honest, that article could have been about any large developer in Spain.

      The people in the article represent the views of most who tried to speculate above their heads at the begining of a market slump.

      We all know the story and also know how much worse it can get.

      The best advice in the article came from the agent in Torrevieja who said “if you don´t need to sell then don´t do it”.

      On a lighter note, the PW TV ads are terrible and make me shudder 😳

    • #82335
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @rt21 wrote:

      Quite an interesting article in today’s Guardian about Polaris World.

      See link below

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/may/10/buyingpropertyabroad.property

      Richard

      8 hours now and still no PW Forum thought police response

    • #82337
      Anonymous
      Participant

      “I don’t know why anybody would want to buy these things, they are out in the middle of nowhere. You are a long way from the beach.”

      This is exactly what a hairdresser in Dos Mares commercial center asked my wife… When she heard we were spending one week in La Torre resort, she looked as us as if we were some aliens.

    • #82345
      Anonymous
      Participant

      I have to agree with the hairdresser, I have no idea why anyone looking to spend time on the beach would book a week at La Torre, I could be wrong but I don’t believe polaris have ever advertised their properties as being on beach resorts, golf resorts I think? you know for golfers.

      kpw4v, is this the type of ‘reasoned argument’ used on the polaris forum which earned you the nickname neg kev?

      Totally agree with Peter Goods sensible response, including the part about the adverts.

    • #82346
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @kw wrote:

      kpw4v, is this the type of ‘reasoned argument’ used on the polaris forum which earned you the nickname neg kev?

      Was not a “reasoned argument” – merely an observation

    • #82348
      katy
      Blocked

      I think the Guardian article is fairly complimentary to Polaris. According to someone who has visited it doesn’t sound so good.

    • #82349
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @kpw4v wrote:

      @rt21 wrote:

      Quite an interesting article in today’s Guardian about Polaris World.

      See link below

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/may/10/buyingpropertyabroad.property

      Richard

      8 hours now and still no PW Forum thought police response

      neg kev, you have got your response have a look at your favorite forum

    • #82354
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @lindmark wrote:

      @kpw4v wrote:

      @rt21 wrote:

      Quite an interesting article in today’s Guardian about Polaris World.

      See link below

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/may/10/buyingpropertyabroad.property

      Richard

      8 hours now and still no PW Forum thought police response

      neg kev, you have got your response have a look at your favorite forum

      Can’t see anything on my favourite forum, or the PW Forum

    • #82413
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @kpw4v wrote:

      @lindmark wrote:

      @kpw4v wrote:

      @rt21 wrote:

      Quite an interesting article in today’s Guardian about Polaris World.

      See link below

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/may/10/buyingpropertyabroad.property

      Richard

      8 hours now and still no PW Forum thought police response

      neg kev, you have got your response have a look at your favorite forum

      Can’t see anything on my favourite forum, or the PW Forum

      your are right it was on sunday morning for a few hours on forum police have taken it off what dose that tell us.

    • #82415
      katy
      Blocked

      Can’t you have this interchange on the appropriate forum seeing as no-one else on here know what you are writing about 💡

    • #82443
      Anonymous
      Participant

      A reasonable but I thought somewhat under researched article when it came to specifics, that said I don’t think it was biased.

      As stated – Why go to a golf complex when you want to sit by the beach?, and why go to the beach if you want golf?, that said if you have car (and lots of people do), the beaches are only say 20 mins away, although I found Murcia beaches a little underwhelming. That said these resorts have pools and the golf course acts as a good backdrop for non golfer sun holidays, but a car is a must to get away from the resorts.

      Polaris World is a set of resorts with quite different characteristics, this is often forgot, there is no one Polaris World. The concepts are generally the same but the resorts are quite different in character.

      PW adds are chessey (very cheesey). They are flogging ‘cheap’ condado resort units to the the mass populas, with golf very much as a backdrop, more concentrating on the family by the pool, personally I don’t like the idea of a resort (blocks round pools), but condado is being sold as this, what it ends up as who knows (it should if the hype is to be believed have 3 golf courses). I think the TV adds (now) reflect what PW are now selling, but again each resort is somewhat different.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Estate Topics, News & Discussion​’ is closed to new topics and replies.