New Law for Holiday Rentals



This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Morgan Mallorca Morgan Mallorca 11 months ago.

  • Author
  • #190055
    Profile photo of Em


    I’ve received an email about new legislation coming in in May 2016 regarding property rentals and the requirement to register with the registry of tourism.  Does anyone have more details on this that would be useful.

    Many thanks


  • #190083
    Profile photo of Mark Stücklin
    Mark Stücklin

    Em, property rental legislation is very localised. Where is your property / region of interest?

    • #190122
      Profile photo of Morgan Mallorca
      Morgan Mallorca

      Hi Mark,

      What about Mallorca and detached villas. I just mentioned in post about owners from the UK who own villas in Mallorca, and rent through UK based rental agencies who charge clients in UK sterling, they declare the income in the UK, therefore do they need to still get an ETV licence?

      I was under the impression the ETV licence is needed if you are declaring the income in Spain. As a tax resident in the UK you have a legal responsibility to declare your income on property abroad therefore surely with double tax treaty with Spain is it necessary to declare the income in Spain? Would appreciate any advice you might have for us.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.