- March 15, 2017 at 11:07 am #196694
My partner and i are really keen to buy a property in Spain (Punta Prima, La Zenia, Playa Flamenca, Cabo Roig areas) for a holiday home with a view to moving in some years to come. just wondering where to start with getting a mortgage? do we set a budget, get a mortgage in principle as you would here in Scotland then start looking, or look and then have a mortgage arranged?
- April 5, 2017 at 3:34 pm #198152
Yes you can get a mortgage in principle and I would strongly advise it. First of all you know exactly at which price you can purchase, thus making your search easier. Secondly, in the eyes of the seller you are almost as good as a cash buyer as you have your finance in place and are good to go. This in turn means you may have more bargaining power.
- This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Mark Stücklin. Reason: Commercial
- April 10, 2017 at 12:17 pm #198452
Important to have a legal check on mortgage conditions so they are in fully respect with Consumers Law:
Main aspects to be checked when hiring a mortgage:
– Mortgage deed related expenses
– Ordinary interests index
– Delay interests
– Payment default commissions
– Anticipated enforcement after default
– Related insurances
– Property valuation
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.