Jointly inherited a share in an apartment in Fuengirola

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #192430

      Can anyone make a suggestion for a reasonably priced lawyer to help

      my sister and I effect my mother’s Spanish will which we are the

      beneficiaries of 75% of an apartment.  Open to the idea of

      either uk based or for us to visit Fuengirola.  Can we do much ourselves

      or do we need to hand it all over?  Mum was not resident in Spain, neither

      of us are and my brother who is also uk resident has owned 25% of the apartment

      since it was bought around 1985.

    • #192535

      Good morning

      I am an English dual qualified lawyer based in Fuengirola dealing with this sort of matter.

      There are a few papers you can organise yourelf but you will need a lawyer to deal with the Notary transfer.

      You will also need to obtain an NIE number if you do not have one.

      It is posible to avoid coming to Spain if you give power of attorney to someone to sign at the Notary and deal with the paperwork and registration on your behalf, you can do this in the UK.

      I have sent you a private email.


Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.