Insurance for British car in Spain

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Other Subjects Insurance for British car in Spain

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  katy 5 years, 6 months ago.

  • Author
  • #57905


    I might need to borrow a UK-registered car and drive it in Spain, maybe for a year or so. Any ideas on the best options for insurance? Look in the UK or Spain? Anyone know of a specialist in this sort of thing?

  • #118968


    Try IBEX insurance. Technically it is illegal to drive a UK car for that long in Spain but many do it.

  • #118969


    I thought 6 months was the maximum to drive around in Spain in a foreign registered car ๐Ÿ™„ We once drove into Spain and a Border Policewoman asked me to stop and she made a note of our registration which must be logged into a system, however we were in Spain for 8 months that time and sold the car to a Brit who then drives UK reg’d cars back to sell in the UK ๐Ÿ™„

    Maybe, being in Barcelona and near the French border you could nip back to France a couple of times which you could then prove you did, not sure if this satisfies the requirements ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • #118983


    Abbeygate based in Gibraltar will insure UK plated cars with a Spanish address and include EU wide green card and breakdown cover.Reasonable costs.

  • #119028


    I can insure UK reg cars in Spain through Lloyds of London email me at

  • #119055


    Another poster with an advertising for free agenda ๐Ÿ™„ beware of spammers on forums!

The forum ‘Other Subjects’ is closed to new topics and replies.