How much can I offer of a house of 299.000 euro??

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers How much can I offer of a house of 299.000 euro??

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #54496
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Please, your opinion

      How much can I offer of a house of 299.000 euro.

      My estateagent says it can be lower….????

      I don`t need a mortgage. So when I have enough cash, there must be going down with the price.

      What do you think is reasonable??

    • #88002
      Fuengi (Andrew)
      Participant

      if you want an informed opinion, you need to give more info
      age of property, size, bedrooms, features, area, etc…

    • #88004
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @Fuengi wrote:

      if you want an informed opinion, you need to give more info
      age of property, size, bedrooms, features, area, etc…

      OK here it is:
      an old finca in Axarquia.
      Plot 1800 m2
      Build: 193 m2
      bedrooms 3
      Bathrooms 3
      terrace 100 m2

      So can I get a less lower than the asking price and if it is yes: how many % or euro lower.
      I haven`t any experience with buying houses, so that`s why I ask for advice.

      Thanks anyway for your reply

    • #88007
      katy
      Blocked

      Impossible to say without seeing it, a survey and the legal paperwork. Added to this is the circumstances of the sellers. Some Spanish don’t seem to care if they sell or not unless they get what they think is the right price. How long has it been on the market? Has it already been reduced?

      Not sure if a Finca with that amount of land would be legal in Axarquia, but I stand corrected.

    • #88008
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @katy wrote:

      Impossible to say without seeing it, a survey and the legal paperwork. Added to this is the circumstances of the sellers. Some Spanish don’t seem to care if they sell or not unless they get what they think is the right price. How long has it been on the market? Has it already been reduced?

      Not sure if a Finca with that amount of land would be legal in Axarquia, but I stand corrected.

      The estate agent says: it is legal and yes it reduced in price

    • #88009
      Fuengi (Andrew)
      Participant

      @granny wrote:

      @Fuengi wrote:

      if you want an informed opinion, you need to give more info
      age of property, size, bedrooms, features, area, etc…

      OK here it is:
      an old finca in Axarquia.
      Plot 1800 m2
      Build: 193 m2
      bedrooms 3
      Bathrooms 3
      terrace 100 m2

      So can I get a less lower than the asking price and if it is yes: how many % or euro lower.
      I haven`t any experience with buying houses, so that`s why I ask for advice.

      Thanks anyway for your reply

      you have no experience???

      ok granny. first of all get youself a lawyer. local gov. has recently taken a zero tolerance approach to illegal properties. going by precedent you can either expect a few of the new properties and probably a few old fincas to be illegal.

      If you like the property, knock a third of price. don’t put a penny down until the offer is accepted. You also want legal council to review the documentation prior to any signature.

    • #88010
      Fuengi (Andrew)
      Participant

      @granny wrote:

      The estate agent says: it is legal and yes it reduced in price

      unfortunately its easy to say its legal. the agent could be lying or has been deceived. If its been reduced, they can reduce again. Offer low, if they don’t accept you can choose to raise your offer.

    • #88015
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Fuengi

      c’mon, we know this is one of your places, and you only really want 200k for it anyway!

      ……only joking!

      granny

      sounds like good advice from Fuengi, but for heavens sakes, get a good lawyer. (Mark who runs this site has a list still i think?) NOT the agents one!!

    • #88020
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Start at 180,000€ (thats treinta millones of the old pesetas) see where the negotiation heads. These are not times to be overpaying anymore…

    • #88022
      Anonymous
      Participant

      @giorgio wrote:

      Start at 180,000€ (thats treinta millones of the old pesetas) see where the negotiation heads. These are not times to be overpaying anymore…

      hello giorgio, hihihihi it is not a spanish person but an english lady, she want to sell it because she is divorced.

      The estate-agent said: we want NOT reduce the price.

      so i take a deep breath and wait and wait and wait………..
      who knows reduce the price in a few weeks. I am not in a hurry.

    • #88034
      katy
      Blocked

      Granny, have sent you a PM.

    • #88035
      Fuengi (Andrew)
      Participant

      @granny wrote:

      hello giorgio, hihihihi it is not a spanish person but an english lady, she want to sell it because she is divorced.

      The estate-agent said: we want NOT reduce the price.

      so i take a deep breath and wait and wait and wait………..
      who knows reduce the price in a few weeks. I am not in a hurry.

      that’s good. if she intends to move back to the england the exchange rate is in her favour. low offer all the way

    • #88037
      Anonymous
      Participant

      Take the time to view other properties in the area and if you find something then play one off against the other etc

      Also that area is notorious for all types of illegal builds and land problems.

      Things to watch out for
      Does the property match with the excitura/deeds – or is a lot of the building illegal?
      Check the classification of the land
      Is there any discrepency between the property registry and the catastro?
      If there is a pool does it have the correct licence – many in that area are classed as alberca which is basically a water storage facility for farming purposes etc
      If you have any plans for the property after you buy it check now that that will be possible as reform and renovation work is now highly regulated.

      Many agents will tell you everything is legal or that these little matters can all be sorted by your solicitor just to get your deposit. So before you hand over any money do all your research.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.