Fast train link to France opens in 2013

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DBMarcos99
      Participant

As per this article (in Spanish), the AVE link to the French border opens up next year (also the fast line from Madrid to Alicante, via Albacete, opens up)
      http://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/20121008/54352386568/ave-frontera-francesa-proximo-ano.html
      It states they are expecting passenger service to begin in earnest in July (although other reports have stated the line will be open from April).
      It remains to be seen how this will affect tourism numbers in Catalunya – will those taking the fast train across the border be just those who previously drove down?

Edit: an English link on this
      http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/nations/france/2012/10/11/Transport-high-speed-train-Spain-France-starting-April_7612132.html

The first high speed train (Ave) connecting Spain to France will start operating in April 2013 , Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy and French President Francois Hollande told a press conference after a bilateral summit at the Elysee palace yesterday. The high speed rail will link Barcelona-Figueras-Perpignan after work on the rail line connecting Barcelona to Figueres (Girona) will be completed at the end of this year.

Anonymous
      Participant

If this happens ontime (or at all) it really is good news for the Costa Brava area and Barcelona.

Fuengi (Andrew)
      Participant

actually, I think one of the main benefits will be for the south of Spain. This connectiong, along with the new lines and connection in the south will allow more efficient transportation of good.

angie
      Blocked

I like the idea of the fast train link to Northern Spain and onwards to link up, but I hope they make fares more competitive too 😉 I wonder if they will run car trains too 🙄 ?

Instead of flying I think it would be good to ‘let the train take the strain’ 😛

Could revitalise the property market in Northern Spain which I prefer to the South despite the colder Winters 😉

Anonymous
      Participant

if i could jump on a train at ebbsfleet and be in barcelona with in 7 hrs i would consider it then get a hire car and drive the rest of the way.I get flights to valencia normally but have found the price rising every year.With a family of 4 i have just paid £1012 for next summers holiday if i could go by train for say £650 it would be something to think about as i live 10mins from ebbsfleet

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Spanish Real Estate Chatter’ is closed to new topics and replies.