DIY rural renovation Cedula question

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers DIY rural renovation Cedula question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 11 months ago.

  • Author
  • #55695


    Perhaps this subject line will make you scream, if so I apologize. We are renovating our current home in the US — meaning by hand, not hiring it out — and are interested in self-renovating an off-the-grid home in rural Castellon. My question is, can we do it a la Alec Fry, move in to a place with dirt floors, etc. and largely self-renovate? Or is that illegal because we wouldn’t have a Cedula De Habilidad (probably I spelled that wrong) when we set up our cots and go to sleep there the first night? Or do you only need the Cedula for connection to water and electric? I don’t want to live illegally; it seems there should be some legal way to slowly self-renovate a property if you’re willing to live on cots and put up with a generator and an outhouse etc for the duration. Alec was asking that question last month on his forum and I don’t think he got an answer (he did it without a cedula but wondered if it would now be a problem for someone to do it as he did). I realize this forum is mostly geared toward sub/urban Brits who want to live on an urbanization, but we grew up in rural America and are hoping to find the answer to this question. Thanks very much.

The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.