Clarification – Rental License : long term V's Short Term – Use of Agents

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Real Estate Topics, News & Discussion​ Clarification – Rental License : long term V's Short Term – Use of Agents

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Vanilla 1 year, 11 months ago.

  • Author
  • #217842


    New user here getting a bit confused with the many curve balls of the new rental laws. I have a property which I advertise through a UK agent but covers Tenerife, Canary Islands. Can I set-up a contract between me as the property owner and The Agent? by this method I think it falls into the category of ‘long-term rents’, which is ‘exempt’ of the new strict licensing laws. The agent manages the property for repairs, cleaners, meets the client etc . However, I only get paid once they have rented out the apartment? so in effect its short-term rents?? But is this an allowable loop-hole?

    Please clarify what type of license I need? should I be checking what license the agent has? someone said I need to advertise my license number with the advert on the agents website, is this correct? As an owner am I responsible for keeping copies of the client’s details passport details etc? or can the agent who manages the apartment take responsibility for this? Its a mind field!

The forum ‘Real Estate Topics, News & Discussion​’ is closed to new topics and replies.