Claiming relief from CGT with original receipts for renovations when house bougt


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Stücklin 2 years, 6 months ago.

  • Author
  • #186984


    I have been given varying replies to the question of whether it is permitted to reduce the Capital Gains  tax on the sale of my house by submitting tax invoices for the materials used and the builders  renovation work at the time of purchase. The house was purchased 10 years ago and had to be completely renovated. I have also since been told that this should have been written into the deed at the time on completion of the work.  This was in Almeria province I would be very interested if anyone else has had this problem to deal with and how they overcame it.

  • #187075

    Mark Stücklin

    Hi David,

    Yes, you should be able to claim the renovation work as deductible expenses if you have original invoices that are explicit about the work done and identify the property.

    Of course you never know for sure with the tax authorities in Spain. Sometimes it seems to depend on how the local office interprets the regulations.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.