changing the name on property deeds

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers changing the name on property deeds

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Stücklin 3 years, 1 month ago.

  • Author
  • #190457


    My parents own a property in Lanzarote, my father passed away last year and i need to change the name on the deeds of the property from his name to my mothers. How do i do this?

  • #190474

    Mark Stücklin

    Ruscombe, it’s not complicated but it’s not that easy either. You will need the help of a lawyer. As part of probate you will need to demonstrate that your mother is the sole inheritor, then get the title deeds changed before notary, then inscribed in the property register.

  • #191271


    I lent my daughter and her husband money to buy their home in Spain. They had a house in UK which was rented out. I agreed that my name together with my daughter’s was put on the deeds of the Spanish property and if they decided to live in Spain the UK property would be sold and I would be re-imbursed.  The marriage is now dissolved and the UK property has been sold .  The ex-husband now lives in UK my daughter lives in Spain…I have received half the sale price of the UK property and want to remove my name from the deeds of my daughters house.  Three Notaries have given costs…13,000euros….11,000 and 2,500  !!!  This would only cost £250 in the U.K. To say I am confused is putting it mildly!

    • #191277

      Mark Stücklin

      Hi Girie, I can’t say I’m surprised. The Spanish economy is suffocated by bureaucracy and high transaction costs. It’s crazy, but that’s just the way it is. Notaries are a cost we could all live without.

The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.