- May 8, 2006 at 12:10 pm #51789
anyone know of a cheap car hire i can use? there are so many was wondering if anyone had any ideas?
- May 8, 2006 at 5:12 pm #62044
- May 10, 2006 at 2:44 pm #62091
- May 11, 2006 at 9:16 am #62109
- May 11, 2006 at 5:28 pm #62119
thanks all! 😆
- May 14, 2006 at 4:39 pm #62159
A couple of things to watch out for:
1. Beware the full/empty policy where they charge you for a full tank of petrol at exhorbitant rates, and ask you to bring it back empty (oh how possible!). This is incredibly irritating if you’re only there for a week or so and unlikely to cover the 400 or so miles required to empty a tank. Always ask for a full/full, half-full/half-full etc policy.
2. Also beware Crown. If using carjet.com (nearly always the cheapest broker) Crown is often the providing car company. However such is their popularity and the snail like customer service you can often queue for 30 minutes to one hour for pick up at Malaga.
- May 16, 2006 at 10:39 pm #62194
I too used Carjet and picked up the car through Crown at Malaga. I spent some time researching for the best price and they couldn’t be beaten. 🙂 As mentioned in the previous post, we did have to wait for an hour, but when I had a moan, they gave us a free upgrade!
- May 17, 2006 at 4:41 pm #62211
my parents just used centauro and they also waited 40 mins to get a car!
- February 7, 2007 at 7:50 pm #69059
- February 15, 2007 at 7:18 pm #69292
I am by no means promoting any particular car rental company but we have been using Autos Martin rent a car for many years and personally we have never had a problem and found them reliable and friendly . We usually phone them up prior to arriving in Malaga airport and they have a car waiting for us with no problems. I suggest you could e-mail or phone them if interested. The gentleman we deal with every time is Snr Juan A. Bellido and the office is in fuengirola just next to las Piramides hotel.
e-mail … firstname.lastname@example.org
As I said we have used them for many years and never had a problem
and the gentleman mentioned speakes perfect Enghish.
All the pest, hope it may be of help.
- February 16, 2007 at 9:39 am #69306
Last time we used carjet we queued for longer than it took us to fly to Malaga from Gatwick! 😯 That was in June last year!! Never again!!
- February 26, 2007 at 7:46 am #69645
You may want to try Helle Hollies. I found them very good to work with.
- March 15, 2007 at 12:03 pm #70050
- March 17, 2007 at 5:28 pm #70108
Has anybody used car trawler to hire cars and if so what experience have you had
- March 18, 2007 at 7:36 pm #70124
car trawler is a piece of web software (an online booking engine) not a car hire company.
- March 19, 2007 at 3:43 pm #70147
Thanks for that Paul – I was just concerned as you are not aware of which company you are hiring the car from or do you find out after you have plugged in credit card details.
- March 19, 2007 at 6:27 pm #70148
Car Trawler is just a web site design. So if you’re in the airline business, you buy something like Car Trawler which then allows you to offer your customers car hire.
I don’t think you can book a car from the car trawler web site.
- April 2, 2007 at 7:38 am #70517
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.