- December 30, 2016 at 12:31 pm #194109
I’m living in Barcelona for some years and i’m thinking to buy a parking spot in the city of Barcelona as an investment.
What is your opinion about following questions:?
- If i buy a parking spot for example €10 000, i have to pay other costs?
- Can i sell the parking spot a few months later if there is an opportunity?
- In meanwhile can i rent it to a person monthly?
I hope you can help me out.
Thank you very much for your help
- January 2, 2017 at 5:16 pm #194149
I’ve always had the same idea in the back of my mind. Managing and renting parking space is much easier than housing. Once I heard that yields are very low but that was years ago, I’m not sure what the situation is now. Buying parking is just like buying any other property. You pay ITP 10%, notary & registry costs. You can sell whenever you like, and you can rent monthly if you like, though you have to get the contract right.
Let me know if you find out anything about parking space yields today in Barcelona.
- January 8, 2017 at 3:23 pm #194229
A good idea if you buy a parking spot is to rent it out to, say, four motorcyclists, rather than as a single parking spot.
In the area where I live…Poblenou….a parking space goes for around 80/90 Euros a month….whereas if you rent it out to four motorcyclists you would probably get 30 Euros from each of them….making 120 a month.
By the way…I don´t think you would get a parking space for 10000 euros though.!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.