- August 27, 2014 at 5:42 pm #182973
Expats face tax hike as the Treasury plots to snatch back the personal allowance for those living abroad
– As many as 400,000 expats could be affected
– Couples could see their tax bills rise by up to £4,000
– Property owners living abroad could be hit
– Changes to tax rules could force some to rethink their retirement plans abroad
It’s not hot news, but I don’t think I flagged it up here before.
- August 28, 2014 at 1:31 pm #182987
Not sure it’ll really affect expats in Spain renting out property in the UK because any additional tax they pay in the UK will be taken off their Spanish tax bill due to the dual tax agreement. Of course that’s provided they were paying tax in Spain in the first place.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.