January 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm #56082
Hi everyone, this is my first topic here, so I’d like to make a bit of an introduction first.
I stumbled upon this website doing some searches regarding the vacation home market, as my parents plan to retire in about 3 years and move to Spain. I’ve been living and working in Madrid for the past 8 years, my father is originally from Madrid, and I’m engaged to a fine young lady from Valencia, having recently purchased a flat there, which we plan to move into at some point in the not too distant future.
My mother will be here for approximately 2 months this summer and would like to take some of the time to visit/research some places in the general vicinity of Valencia in order to narrow down her search – I was hoping to make this easier on her by consulting you guys in order to get more specific information…I’m familiar with the city of Valencia and its immediate surroundings but I’ve never once set foot in places like Cullera, Canet, Javea etc, and much less the lesser-known villages or, especially, specific developments/urbanizations in order to know where to focus the search, what prices to expect and whatnot.
I’d say for now, however, there is a clear if somewhat general idea in terms of what they’re looking for:
– a flat/apartment (specifics not too relevant at this point)
– a reasonable distance to the beach – not necessarily front line
– a very reasonable distance to services – this is more important than beach access
– good transportation links to Valencia
– inhabited year round – this is fundamental, as this will not be a vacation home, quite the contrary
– spanish spoken (I suppose this is related to the previous point)
– good for retirees, i.e. people who go to bed fairly early, live on a pension etc
That’s about it for now. If anything, a particular development, urbanization within a town/area, village etc. comes to mind, I’d very much appreciate you sharing it with me. Or questions, as I’m sure there’s a lot more information I forgot to mention…anyway, hope to hear from some of you soon!
January 26, 2011 at 9:19 am #102778
I would seriously consider a flat in the centre of Denia. It’s a nice town, lively all year round, easy access to Valencia, not too far from Alicante airport, ferries to The Balearics and all that.
The forum ‘Homes for Sale by Owner (FSBO) And Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.