Acquiring fiscal residence in Spain

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Other Subjects Acquiring fiscal residence in Spain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ptt 2 years, 5 months ago.

  • Author
  • #194843


    Hello, I can’t find anything on this website or that of the Spanish government on what the procedures are for applying for tax residence. Can anyone help? Thanks.

  • #195006


    You are automatically considered a fiscal resident if you spend more than 183 days / year in Spain.  You are then expected to pay taxes here on your world-wide income.  If you also want to apply for a residence permit, this site is very helpful:

    You will need a medical certificate that contains a very specific statement, and in most cases, proof of medical insurance.


  • #195130


    In applying for a Residencia I was asked in Canary Islands for an SP1 from the DWP in UK which basically says that UK Government  pays my  health costs as a citizen of an EU member state.

The forum ‘Other Subjects’ is closed to new topics and replies.