3% capital gains tax

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago.

  • Author
  • #57929


    I’ve heard that when buying from a foreigner, who will be leaving the country after selling, the purchaser must retain 3% of the house price to give to the spanish government as a capital gains tax. I know I need to get a form to fill in, but where do I get the form from? Does the form have a special name? Do I just give this form to the notary with the money when we complete the purchase? How does it work? I must admit, I hate playing tax collector for the Spanish government.

  • #119204


    Elaine you can download the form 211 from the revenue in Spain http://www.aeat.es . However, being a non resident and not familiar with the Spanish legal and tax system presumably you have used a solicitor to assist you in the transaction. Normally this is something the solicitors carry out for their clients purchasing property in Spain.

The forum ‘Property Questions & Answers’ is closed to new topics and replies.