Now that Spain’s Digital Nomad Visa has just been approved, lawyer Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt explains the visa’s advantages and requirements.
By Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt
Director of Larraín Nesbitt Abogados
29th of December 2022
The Digital Nomad Visa was approved in Spain on the 23rd of December 2022.
It allows you to work remotely from Spain.
The main advantage of a DNV is that it grants its applicants a special tax regime whereby they pay very few taxes as opposed to the standard IRPF (personal income tax) sliding scale.
The DNV is extensive to family members i.e. spouse and children under the age of 18 years old.
Applications are now open for this visa. Please contact us to get the ball rolling.
Our law firm has a track record of 100% attaining Spanish residency permits since 2013.
- Five-year residency permit. Initially on a one-year application, followed by two-year renewals up to a total of 5 years. The visa extends to the family of the main applicant.
- Allows you to work in Spain remotely. Moreover, it encourages you to work in Spain, specifically remotely with your laptop (or desktop).
- Allows you to legally override the 90/180-day rule that limits stay in Spain (and by extension in the Schengen Area/EU).
- Tax breaks for the foreign employer (if it has an establishment in Spain)
- Tax breaks for the employee (DNV applicant). This is the core advantage. It basically applies a privileged non-domiciled tax scheme to teleworkers that allows them to pay a flat tax rate of only 24% on the first €600,000 of gross annual earnings over a five-year period.
- Non-EU national i.e. British
- You need to prove you are hired by a foreign company. This is the core requirement.
- You need to prove you have formal academic qualifications i.e. a university degree, business school or professional qualification.
- You need to prove you have at least 3 years of work experience.
- Not to have resided in Spain during the previous 5 years.
- Not to obtain income from a permanent establishment in Spain.
If you wish to apply for a DNV, our law firm offers this visa service: Digital Nomad Visa
LNA has a 100% track record of attaining Spanish residency
Larraín Nesbitt Abogados, small on fees, BIG on service.
At Larrain Nesbitt Abogados we have over 20 years’ of experience buying, selling, and renting properties. We are also specialized in taxation, immigration & residency visas. We offer a wide range of 50 legal and corporate services. Our team of native English-speaking lawyers and economists have a long track record successfully assisting expats all over Spain. You can review here our client’s testimonials. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88, or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.
Please note the information provided in this blog post is of general interest only and is not to be construed or intended as substitute for professional legal advice. This article may be posted freely in websites or other social media so long as the author is duly credited. Plagiarizing, whether in whole or in part, this article without crediting the author may result in criminal prosecution. VOV.
2.022 © Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt. All Rights Reserved.
Copyrighted © 2022. Plagiarism will be criminally prosecuted.