Marbella-based Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers has over 16 years’ taxation & conveyancing experience at your service. We offer a wide range of 40 legal and corporate services. Our team of native English-speaking lawyers and economists have a long track record successfully assisting expats all over Spain. You can review here our client’s testimonials.
Article copyrighted © 2019. Plagiarism will be criminally prosecuted.
By Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt
Director of Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers
8th of September 2019
- Store of value. In times of political instability, which lead to stock markets in upheaval, gold and real estate have traditionally been a safe haven where affluent ploughed their money capping off the storm.
- Security. Real estate is a tangible asset which you can touch and see, unlike cryptocurrencies and other intangible assets where thefts are rife.
- Capital appreciation. Real estate increased by one digit over the last four years in Spain, in some areas by two digits. Some experts even talk of a new property boom underway. On the long run real estate always trumps any other asset class, including stocks.
- Soaring rental yields. Rental yields in Spain have soared by two digits over the span of three years. Spain is the world’s second tourist destination creating a huge demand for holiday accommodation.
- New laws passed in Andalusia allow ultra-low inheritance and gift tax. April 2019 saw the approval of a new spate of laws in the region of Andalusia which, for the first time in 40 years, allow owners to pass on their properties to their beneficiaries without having to pay hardly any tax, or no tax at all in most cases. More on these new laws explained here.
We are specialized in conveyancing
Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers, small on fees, big on service.
Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers is a law firm specialized in conveyancing, inheritance, taxation and litigation. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.
Article originally published at Larraín Nesbitt Abogados: 5 reasons to invest in real estate in Spain
Legal services available from Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers
- Conveyancing – Buying
- Conveyancing – Selling
- Rentals (contract drafting)
- Rentals (read & review)
- Non-Resident Income Tax (Fiscal Representation)
- Holiday Rentals Accounting Service (HRAS)
- Buying distressed property in Spain – 8th August 2011
- Buying resale property in Spain – 21st February 2013
- Buying off-plan property in Spain – 8th of June 2013
- How to buy commercial property in Spain – 4th July 2014
- How to buy rural property in Spain – 8th August 2014
- How to Buy Property in Spain Safely – 10th October 2014
- House Hunting in Spain – Interview with the The New York Times. June 2015
- Buying property in Spain from a private seller (Resale Property) – 21st of February 2017
- Buying property in Spain from a developer (Off-Plan Property) – 8th March 2017
- How to inspect an off-plan property overseas – Q&A with The Sunday Times. July 2017
- Buying property in Spain – 10 reasons to hire a lawyer – 8th November 2016
- 8 Tips on Buying Off-Plan in Spain – 8th June 2018
- Tax advantages on becoming resident in Spain – The Address magazine (pages 358 – 373). December 2018
- Taxes on buying Spanish property – 8th December 2018
- Do’s and don’ts on buying property in Spain – 8th April 2019
- 8 tips on buying a home in Spain – 8th June 2019
Please note the information provided in this blog post is of general interest only and is not to be construed or intended as substitute for professional legal advice. This article may be posted freely in websites or other social media so long as the author is duly credited. Plagiarizing, whether in whole or in part, this article without crediting the author may result in criminal prosecution. VOV.
2.019 © Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt. All rights reserved.
* This article has been written by a third party not owned or controlled by Spanish Property Insight (SPI).
SPI disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access to or use of any third party content.