This Guide to property in BARCELONA is for buyers, owners, and vendors of property in BARCELONA, the capital of Catalonia. It discuss the best areas to buy property in BARCELONA, along with house prices and the property market in BARCELONA.
In this section you will find links to reports on the BARCELONA property market, plus useful tips and information related to buying, owning, and selling property in BARCELONA.
BARCELONA property market
Before you buy or sell property in BARCELONA, you need to know what is going on in the property market. Without good information, from a source you can trust, you are flying blind and just asking to be taken advantage of. So arm yourself with knowledge and information before you put your hard-earned cash on the line.
BARCELONA property news bulletin
The best way to stay informed is to sign up for our Spanish property news bulletin, which we send by email several times a month. It is packed with property news, alerts, market analysis, tips for owners, and a heads-up when the best homes for sale from a selection of leading real estate agents come onto the market. Sign up in the column to the right.
Barcelona Property News
Due diligence when buying a home in BARCELONA
Properties in BARCELONA are big-ticket investments that can have a big impact on your health, wealth, and happiness, so don’t take unnecessary risks.
Don’t rush into something you may regret, and be careful who you deal with. More than anything else, the people you choose to deal with will determine whether you have a good or bad experience. It is worth making an effort to identify good property professionals before you put your hard-earned money on the line.
Barcelona Property Introduction
“Were I to get the hell out of England today, I’d probably go to Barcelona, which has all the good things, good way of life, and reasonable weather.” Bernie Ecclestone – Boss of Formula 1 – quoted in The Daily Telegraph (Tuesday July 6th 2004).
Bernie Ecclestone – a well-travelled man by any measure – isn’t alone in holding this opinion of Barcelona. Almost everyone who visits the city falls in love with it and there is no end to the amount of international newspaper articles extolling its virtues. In the time since the 1992 Olympics, which helped put Barcelona on the map and transform the city with Billions of Euros of investment, Barcelona has become one of the most popular city break destinations in all of Europe, and the most popular city destination for the British.
Given the obvious attractions of living in Barcelona, and the fact that hundreds of thousands of Northern Europeans are buying or planning to buy property in Spain, it should surprise no one that many foreigners are now buying real estate in Barcelona.
Many of these overseas property buyers do so without much insight into Barcelona’s real estate market. Locals from Barcelona might not all be property experts, but most of them will have a reasonable idea of Barcelona’s real estate market by virtue of growing up and living in Barcelona. Foreigners who have not grown up in the city, do not read the local newspapers, and do not have the benefit of discussing property in Barcelona with local people such as family and friends are at a disadvantage when it comes to making real estate purchase decisions. This guide is intended to give foreigners interested in buying property in Barcelona a crash course in Barcelona real estate, and provide them with some of the information that locals take for granted.
This guide to property in Barcelona has the following structure, and is basically broken down by district:
- A guide to buying property in Barceloneta
- A guide to buying property in the Born district of Barcelona
- A guide to buying property in the Gracia district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Barrio Gótico (Gothic Quarter) of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Pedralbes district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Poble Sec district of Barcelona
- A guide to Property in the Raval District of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Sant Martí & Poblenou district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Sarrià – Sant Gervasi district of Barcelona
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona
- Buy Property in Barcelona
- Houses and villas for sale in Barcelona
- Barcelona property market report
- Property buyer’s guide: Barcelona strengths and weaknesses
- A guide to property in the Eixample (Ensanche) district of Barcelona
- Barcelona property as a rental investment
- A guide to real estate in Barcelona
- Leading Estate Agents In Barcelona
BARCELONA property guide: Everything you need to know about property in BARCELONA