Re: RE use of architect


Thanks Shaun, your message cleared things up for me. I had wondered whether architects carried out a slightly different role in Spain to here!

Our surveyor has said that we would need to use an architect to convert the barn area as we’d need a major works licence so we are going to concerntrate on the main house for a while as that “only” needs a minor works licence. Can you advise how long it usualy takes to get a major works licence, we have a very clear idea of what we want to do with the space. Our surveyor thought it could take upto 9 months to get permission as a worse case.