Re: Re: subject

Anonymous
Participant

@xabi wrote:

You have completely missed my point so I will repeat it here for clarity´s sake: making a general statement such as “ripping off foreigners is very much ingrained in Spain´s culture at all levels” is just as unfair as saying “drunkenness, hooliganism and sluttish behaviour are part of British culture”.

That was my point, the alleged behaviour of british tourists was simply provided as an example, an example that I see fitting given the context of what we are discussing here, any other example of unfair generalizations would have been equally valid.

Flosmichal, I hope this is clear now.

It is not clear at all.

The people who get drunk and are hooligans when in Spain are usually low-lives
who belong to the lower classes. They are not owners of buiding companies and are not mayors of cities/villages in UK. Drunks/hooligans will never be elected as mayors.

On the other hand, the biggest thieves/corrupted in Spain were the developers and mayors.

So one can say that “ripping off foreigners is very much ingrained in Spain´s culture at developer/mayor level” whereas “drunkenness, hooliganism and sluttish behaviour are part of low-life British culture”.

I hope you see the difference.