Re: Re: Press articles about the Spanish property situation

DBMarcos99
Participant

@Ardun wrote:

Say what you want about the chinese but they are fearsome at doing business. I have seen them enter malls and just crowd out the competition with their riff raff. I don’t mind that as long as no illegall things are involved. Very often they have illegall workers though but they don’t mind paying the fines from time to time. They don’t mind working long hours for nothing.

I have seen chinese restaurants having buffés “6 euros” that must be impossible to make any money on.

Hopefully their children will not want to work as hard as they do becuase otherwise the western world could just close up shop. 😀

It reminds me of the influx of Asians (Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis) to the UK in the 60s/70s/80s. Many worked long hours in corner shops or restaurants etc., so that their kids could get an education and not work in low paid jobs. Many (not all I know) became doctors, dentists, entrepreneurs etc. I get the feeling that many Chinese kids now in this Spanish influx will become professionals, IT programmers, businesspeople etc. There already is one that I know of – Didac Lee who’s now a successful Catalan entrepreneur (his Taiwan parents moved to Spain before he was born) and is even on the Barcelona FC board!