Re: Re: FT bleak assessment in report ‘Investing in Spain 2011’

Anonymous
Participant

@flosmichael wrote:

@katy wrote:

We couldn’t get the flights we wanted to the USA in December due to high bookings. The cruise ships out of the USA are alway fully booked (I think 12 million Americans cruised last year). Looking to book the caribbean after Xmas and some hotels are already full.

12 million Americans are getting richer and 300 million Americans are getting poorer.

The ranks of America’s poor reached 1 in 6 people last year, the number of uninsured edged up to 49.9 million, the biggest in more than two decades.The official poverty level is an annual income of $22,314 for a family of four i.e. about £15000/year, I do not think many families in UK could survive on £15000/year for 4 people.

December high bookings and cruise ships out of the USA fully booked do not mean anything.

I think judging from Katys posts she likes to fly her flag while at other times having a laugh at other posters. While it is good to hear positive news about bookings being up and what holidays people are going – I think reality for some is very different. This forum is supposed to be about Spain and not the US economy!

Angela