Re: Re: Capital Gains Tax



If you are a resident in Spain and sell the Notary will want proof of fiscal residence. That is why you should file a tax return even if the amount due is NIL. I am not sure where the 22,000 comes from. Tax allowances in Spain are now less than the UK. If you are officially a resident then you are allowed about 1 year to declare CG…unless the profit from your old house is invested in another. Yes a resident pensioner does not pay CGT.