Reply To: House illegally built, buyers given 100% mortgage !!!!


I am really sorry to hear about the problems your parents are suffering with their house.

The first thing they need to find out is what sort of rustic land is, as if the rustic land is not specially protected, the infringement can expire after 4 years from the time the construction was finished. First of all, they should clarify what type of rustic land is is, and secondly try to find evidences of the age of the construction. If the construction is registered at the land registry, we can know that the property existed at least from the time of the registration.

After that, your parents can obtain a certificate from the Town Hall statintg that the infringement has expired, so the construction would be considered legal and they should be able to sell the property without problems.

My advice is that your parents hire the services of an independent lawyer who can assist them in the legalization of the house and also in the sale.

Should you need any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be more than happy to assist.

Best regards