Reply To: Why did Ireland bother? Don’t they have Trojan horses?

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Spanish Real Estate Chatter Why did Ireland bother? Don’t they have Trojan horses? Reply To: Why did Ireland bother? Don’t they have Trojan horses?

Fuengi (Andrew)
Participant

@adiep wrote:

@Fuengi wrote:

@adiep wrote:

@Fuengi wrote:

@adiep wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE61D0ZC20100214

🙂

problem is the information source is the Bild on Sondag. Bild’s nearest English-language stylistic and journalistic equivalent is often considered to be The Sun in the UK, and is modeled after the British tabloid the Daily Mirror.

Possibly so, but I wouldn’t say it makes it any less representative of opinion, perhaps more so…

unforunately no. Without knowing about the methology, etc… you can only question such a survey.

Youre right. In future i will look for a survey that has biometric controls and is cross-referenced to a genetic database.

Or

I could take it for granted that if the popular national red-top is against something, then there’s a good chance its readers are too. on the basis that people don’t generally buy newspapers they disagree with, hence those papers dont become… popular.

Maybe im simplifying things too much? 🙂

no, not at all. But I think it is worth taking into account that in a country with a dalily circulation of 21 million, bild represents approximately 3 million readers. So 14% of all newspaper readers read the bild. 57% want greece thrown out. Or 1.7 million readers.
So when an article states: “A majority of Germans want debt-ridden Greece to be thrown out of the euro zone” it is a tad sensasionlist.

Of course if we want to follow the idea that as the most widely sold paper is representative of germany as a whole then go for it. But by that same argument we have to beleive that spains housing ministry is spot on with its statistics.

(edit: sorry for the waffle. in a rush)