Reply To: Coming out of the Euro

Anonymous
Participant

I was born in country which was much more ravaged by the World War 2 than Greece.
And then by Russian “liberators”. And my grandfather died at Stalingrad so I have been personally affected by the war.

This is getting a bit silly now – do you not think there are many of us on this forum who have “been personally affected by the war” and lost a relative – I certainly have, several in fact, and they were ‘nearer’ to me than a grandfather.

And British and American planes destroyed large areas of some cities in 1943-1944. They did not pay anything for the damaged caused.
I think it’s called bombing-back when being bombed. What did you expect – Hitler to bomb the hell out of London without any retaliation?
Are you forgetting that Britain and America were not the original aggressors, why should they pay?

I was born in country which was much more ravaged by the World War 2 than Greece.
As a matter of fact Churchill sold that country to Stalin in exchange for Greece…

I think I now understand better the reasons for your thoughts re. Greece.

Germany has already paid its dues.
Not in the eyes of the Greeks they haven’t. Not a penny.

I’m not commenting any more on this, I’ve said my piece in my original post on the subject and stand by it. I’m off to do some gardening – the sun is shining! Flosmichael and Sunwind can continue to their hearts content. 8)