Reply To: Non-residents Property Tax?


If you sepnd more than 183 days in Spain excluding the day(s) of arrival(s) and departure(s) then you would be “normally” be classed as ordinarily resident in Spain.

Have a read of this

But in any case you can’t have it both ways. You are not paying Spanish tax as you consider yourself a UK resident for tax purposes. So by definition you are not resident in Spain and hence need to pay non resident taxes on your property.

From what you say I would guess that you should be resident (for tax purposes) in either Italy or Spain, but not the UK.