Reply To: What bank to open a/c with if if buying in Alicante area?

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers What bank to open a/c with if if buying in Alicante area? Reply To: What bank to open a/c with if if buying in Alicante area?

Anonymous
Participant

I can’t comment personally on the Alicante area but I would say that I would avoid Banesto. In our area CajaMar is the best bank and I wish that we were with them, or Ibercaja. More modern and seem to follow the rules a bit more I think?

At the moment I think that Santander would be a good option. The smaller banks can be either good in that they know your name or this can go against you in their little ‘extra commisions’ etc. they magically add to your account. We have two accounts with one bank but in different towns, one with our mortgage and the other a credit card. One charged 9 euros ‘maintenance’ and the other 18 euros ? I think that any bank whether in Spain or the UK are trying to claw any extra money from their customers but I wonder if we notice that they take a bit extra in Spain without any explanation as to what it is?