Reply To: Looking for 2-3B ap-t on costa close to Alicante- pls advise

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers Looking for 2-3B ap-t on costa close to Alicante- pls advise Reply To: Looking for 2-3B ap-t on costa close to Alicante- pls advise

Anonymous
Participant

Hi Tim,

Some things to consider:

A couple of major banks are predicting falls in property prices of another 15% over the next couple of years.

There is a wide range of pricing in this area, and it is really difficult to know where the market is. You really need to research very fully, and still be cautious. Prices are IMHO still very high in general, but there are a few that are priced sensibly. These are of course the exception. I still like the advice I first read here, something like if you are not embarrassed by you offer, then it is too high.

A lot of property is badly build & poorly insulated, and not fully legal. Be cautious!

I’m not convinced that the expat market will recover in this area, so consider buying something that will attract Spanish buyers in the future.

Urb fees vary widely. Check before you buy.

And finally, when you find an area you like just drive/walk around, you will see plenty of for sale boards up, many have private phone numbers. Also, just talk to people in the street/bars, my experience is you will quickly learn that “my friend, is desperate to sell…”

Good luck 😀