Reply To: Spanish Negative Equity – The Easy Way

Fuengi (Andrew)
Participant

@flosmichael wrote:

To what countries members of EU are you refering to?

Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Malta, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
EDIT: ok not all EU i realise but corruption in all

@flosmichael wrote:

Things can go bad in Egypt or Morocoo, but there onle idiots can “invest” without doing the research.

they are idiots for investing in property or for not researching thoroughly?

@flosmichael wrote:

Quite well known to whom? Again, Brits or Germans are not supposed to necesarily read the Spanish newspapers about the corruption before buying there.

True.

@flosmichael wrote:

But the estate agents and the lawyers were supposed to inform them because they were paid to do so. The fact that the agents and the lawyers did not inform them makes them OUTLAWS and they should be the ones to be held responsible.

yes.

@flosmichael wrote:

It is true that people signed, but they were conned and con-men usually end in jail!!!

yes.

flosmichael you are not saying anything that any reasonable person would disagree with. So outside of simply what has been said a million times, what point are you trying to make? Yes con-men should go to prison. But you have to prove that you ahve been conned. Yes many lawyers were working for agency/devleopers but then why did you use them? Why let the lawyer sign a contract before you ahve seen a translated copy? etc… IT ALWAYS COMES DOWN TO THE SAME THING! TRUST.

For whatever reason countless people came down here and trusted people they would not have ‘back home’. Whever it was stupidity, greed or simply trusting i don’t know.

We’ve had many of their ‘victims’ come into our office trying to sell thier off-plan and they have next to no documentation. Contract favouring the developers, no NIE papers, etc…
They’re best and saddest argument is/was “we were told that’s how it works in Spain” 😡

I hope all these con-men get whats coming to them. But its not going to happen. They were/are no different from time-share reps and how many of them ever go to court.