Reply To: PIGS

Anonymous
Participant

@On Apr 17th APotter wrote:

I have been pestered all last week and the beginning of this week, by several PW people to get my clients on their free trip from Manchester for this weekend.

One PW person couldn’t understand why I don’t have people wanting their product, and basically accused me of not being professional by failing to work in PW’s best interest! 🙄

Just thought all this pressure and accusations of “not being professional” might be making you feel a bit miserable as not only are times generally slow in the market but remembered your post above. Nothing was meant by it, was not trying to make any ‘personal remarks’, I was just referring to a previous post of yours.

“Bearing in mind other topics regarding libel ect, you wouldn’t want to put him in a difficult position. After all, it is up to you to prove your comment, if not, he gets the blame”.
I would never want to put Mark in a difficult position, this is why I try to be very careful in all that I post, including referring to previous posts by other members when making a comment such as I did. It seems sometimes people forget what they write.

link to post: https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25910&highlight=#25910

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Charlie – So you agree in principle that “Estate Agent Scum” are not totally to blame”?
Absolutely, and I have never stated as such either. However I do think the rogue agents share the blame for the reasons I gave in my post.

“The point I was trying to make was that agents were part of it, but no where near as influential as you seem to think”.
I may have not been clear in my post then. I wasn’t trying to intimate they were particularly ‘influential’, more a case of an essential link in the chain. If every agent had refused to touch/market the illegal builds, the developers wouldn’t have had the sales. Likewise with the (often in-house) lawyers.

And of course, shall repeat that I – like goodstich and for sure all of us here – appreciate that not all REA’s in Spain are of the rogue kind. It’s just that there are a lot of them and we were unfortunate enough to have been amongst the many who got tangled up with them.

P.S. It’s a good job I’m not working in your office – after comments like that from PW, I would have told them to sod off.