Reply To: Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck?

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Spanish Real Estate Chatter Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck? Reply To: Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck?

Anonymous
Participant

“I detest the way people have been treated and yes the arguments are they were naive, they should not have listened is quite frankly crap (sorry Mark) and really gets my goat”
Bring on the nanny state. Many who have been caught are the same people who know every wrangle to swindle and cheat DSS, Revenue, etc., but don’t like it when they have been conned.

“In the UK if you mis sell, its an offence, to tell people lies is appalling and comes down to the individual – easy to blame the company”
Maybe illegal but often unpunished, just the same as in Spain. This week’s case. Investor (own funds – insurance payout), trusted an advisor (financial – salesman) and gave deposit for 3 properties. No such properties. Whereabouts of advisor and builder now unknown.

Such things happen in all Countries. Be real.

“I never did on principle because I knew it was going to end in tears and this situation would come down the line”
So no fault of the purchaser, not satisfied with buying one, but put deposits on another 2 or 3, just to “turn” and make a quick buck.

There are always going to be innocent who will suffer and do not deserve to, but the greedy punters are also to blame.
Remember, if it wasn’t for the punters waiting to sign, there would be no developers and agents.
Again, be realistics, more often than not, there are two sides.
(2 to tango!!!!)