Reply To: Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck?

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Spanish Real Estate Chatter Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck? Reply To: Spanish property market 2008: soft landing or train wreck?

Anonymous
Participant

Dear Inez

Each one of us are as good as our last deal. If a deal is going to ruin your reputation, walk away from it.

I once represented a firm whose only intent was selling anything to anyone, and which I only discovered after a few weeks after opening a franchise. I immediately handed over the franchise to another individual who chose not to agree with me. I gave it to him for free, I did so because I also received advice from Mark, that was enough for me to make up my mind that what I was about to get involved with was wrong.

Personally I lost £100,000 in setting up the franchise and the best thing I ever did was to walk away from it before ever having concluded a sale.

I also worked for a developer who when approached directly by another group encouraging speculation in property did the same thing. I walked away from that as well. Character is what we have left when we have lost everything else. This is what enables you to move on, and to recover your position whilst at the same time restoring your reputation which has inevitably been tarnished by previous association with unscrupolous individuals. That has been my experience in Spain.