Reply To: Solicitor required when selling property?


Thanks for that.

I just occurred to me that I don’t know who the deposit money it being paid to if I don’t have a solicitor? Can I ask for this money to be paid to us (i.e. the vendors) as I don’t want it to be paid to the estate agent….or can I ask for my bank to hold it in trust for the buyer? Apparently the buyers are paying a holding deposit and then a 10% initial deposit.