Reply To: fiscal residency


If you both live in Spain for more than 183 days in one calendar year, irrespective of whether you have applied for a resident’s certificate, then you become tax residents – whether you like it or not.

You have no option about where you pay your tax – if you live in Spain you will be liable for Spanish income tax.

If you want to be still be considered Irish tax residents then you will have to live, for most of then year, in Ireland.